If we were giving out game balls to the best players from Monday Night’s beat down of the Houston Texans then these are the players that are most deserving of it:
1. Tom Brady. He came out sharp and scored 3 touchdowns on the Patriots first three possessions of the game and in the second quarter and the third kept getting hit but got back up and delivered the knock out shot against the Texans throwing a 63 yard touchdown pass to WR Stallworth.
2. Vince Wilfork. He is the best nose tackle in the NFL without a doubt and he anchors that defensive line for New England. He had another great game making an amazing play against the NFL’s top rusher and then another great play swatting the ball out of the Texans QB Matt Schaub’s hand. Wilfork was a force to be reckon with in the game. Wilfork seems to shine brightest in the big games and is always their to make the clutch plays.
3. Dennard. What a game for the rookie in the spot light against one of the best WR in the game today. Andre Johnson has been on a tear in recent weeks but was mostly shut down in this game by man to man coverage only. First half Talib was playing him before getting injured and Dennard covered him the second.
4. Devin McCourty. He has found his home at safety. He has had a great season at that position and made one of the plays of the game with an interception of Schaubs as the Texans were closing in on a score of some kind but McCourty’s pick ended that and started an onslaught of points.
5. Aaron Hernandez. His second straight 8 catch game. He had two touchdowns in this game and was Brady’s go to guy, and really stepped up in the redzone for New England.
6. Hightower. He is a good pass rusher and added pressure throughout the game on blitzes. Hightower seemed to be unblockable at times.
7. Mayo. He and Hightower took over the game and helped the Patriots to a dominate performance on the defensive side of the ball.
8. The entire offensive line. They did an excellent job against an excellent blitzing team and protected Brady enough in the game for a big win and over powered a very physical team.
9. Brandon Lloyd. He stepped up and was a legit deep threat in the game and made a heads up play recovering a fumble in the end zone by Woodhead. Lloyd caught 7 passes in the game.
10. Rob Ninkovich. I felt like I saw Ninkovich around Schaub a lot in the game and getting his hands around or close to the QB. He has really stepped up his game this year.
Noteable mention is Kyle Arrington. In the slot Arrington has been playing much better for the Patriots secondary.